The Hawaii Hotel and Visitor Industry Association (HHVISA) website is an interactive tool which links law enforcement to the Hawaii Hotel and Visitor Industry security personnel partners to communicate about crime and public safety issues occurring in the State of Hawaii.
- HHVISA website was founded in 2011 by a core group of Hawaii Hotel and Visitor Industry security personnel with the assistance of the Pacific Regional Information Clearinghouse (PacClear) Hawaii's Fusion Center and the Honolulu Police Department (HPD).
- HHVISA is a public/private business sector partnership for the State of Hawaii Hotel and Visitor Industry security investigators, law enforcement personnel and prosecutors.
- By uniting the Hawaii Hotel and Visitor Industry and law enforcement in a plan to reduce crime, communities will become a safer place to live, work and shop. Corporate partnerships are more important than ever and far greater resources are needed to address the magnitude of the threats we now face.
- HHVISA members share information on this on-line website and share cross jurisdictional cases, i.e. crime elements, suspect descriptions, resource deployment by law enforcement, and hotel and visitor industry related criminal incidents at monthly meetings. The website was designed by law enforcement and Hotel and Visitor Industry security investigators to identify those criminals that direct their crime against hotels and visitors. Through this partnership, law enforcement and Hotel and Visitor Industry security investigators share investigatory information to identify those criminals and ultimately lead to successful apprehension and prosecution.
- Members are required to actively share high level HHVISA intelligence investigations and required to update this website regularly.
- HHVISA provides a benefit of traditional hotel competitors to collaborate with law enforcement agencies to resolve criminal investigations.
- Through the use of integrated technology and enhanced communication systems, the HHVISA program is engineered to maximize safety and minimize crime in our community.
Goals of HHVISA website?
- To reduce crime, threats and improve community safety in Hawaii.
- Attract new visitors to Hawaii with a safer environment.
- Strengthen the community with a prosperous local economy.
- Effectively utilize law enforcement resources within the safe zone and reduce response times.
- Through a crime fighting partnership we will stop or disrupt criminal activity.
- Gather high level crime intelligence to have a better understanding to deal with hotel and visitor industry related crime.
- Educate the community, hotel and visitor industry personnel, law enforcement, and prosecutors on the problems associated with crime affecting our Hawaiian Hotel and Visitor Industry.